Emotional intelligence (also known as emotional quotient or EQ) is the understanding of how to use and manage your own emotions in positive ways to communicate effectively, empathise with others, overcome challenges, defuse conflict and relieve stress. By understanding your EQ and learning about the signs in others, you can positively transform
how you think, feel, engage with, influence and inspire others. Implementing the EQ knowledge we cover in the course will help you become more effective at work, by getting the best from you and other people. You’ll be able to increase
your team’s performance, improve decision making and build effective workplace relationships. This will help you reduce sources of stress and conflict at work.
What will I cover?
The course will take you through three key areas of EQ – discovering what they are and how to use them effectively in person or working remotely:
• Self-awareness – harness your EQ to improve your personal communications skills and sense of wellbeing
• Social awareness – understand why people tend to behave the way they do and how to get the best from them
• Self-management – decide how to respond before you act – controlling and redirecting undesirable behaviours.
What will I learn?
• Understanding your own emotions, moods and drivers and their effect on others.
• Identify key triggers and how to manage them
• Understand different personality traits and how these affect behaviour
• Building on personality traits to communicate more effectively with everyone around you and reduce potential conflict, whether verbally or via email
• How to relate to and persuade others more easily.
Trainer Profile: Emma Ewing
After a career working for central Government, blue chip organisations and agency businesses, Emma became a trainer in 2001 to share her experience and passion for learning and development. She provides tailored training and coaching programmes for people and teams who want to get the most out of themselves and others. She specialises in effective communication skills and personal performance, with a successful track record of helping people build skills, develop greater self-confidence and become better managers and leaders. Her clients include UN agencies, local councils,
emergency services teams and Government Departments.
For more information or to make a booking please call 0330 0947 344
Registration and Trainers Welcome
Session 1: What is emotional intelligence and how does management of your EQ affect your performance at work?
- Exercise: EQ and You
- Pros and cons of your personal EQ profile – how to avoid ‘overplaying your hand’
- How to stop creating additional stress for yourself
- How to capitalise on your strengths
- Exercise: Actions you can take to make your EQ profile work for you
Session 2: Personal Communication Styles
- Exercise: Why do they do that? Understanding your own style and that of others
- Practical communication techniques to use with each style and ways to write emails and speak up in meetings that remove resistance and allow for greater collaboration
Session 3: Dealing with difficult situations
- The common ‘trip hazards’ and how you can use knowledge of EQ and personal communication styles to create rapid and long-lasting solutions
- Exercise: Applying this in your own workplace – making you more effective over the long term
- Exercise: Action planning – what will take you forward?
Close & Summary
*Programme Subject to change
- Online Fee: £249+VAT