Emotional intelligence (also known as emotional quotient or EQ) is the understanding of how to use and manage your own emotions in positive ways to communicate effectively, empathise with others, overcome challenges, defuse conflict and relieve stress. By understanding your EQ and learning about the signs in others, you can positively transform
how you think, feel, engage with, influence and inspire others. Implementing the EQ knowledge we cover in the course will help you become more effective at work, by getting the best from you and other people. You’ll be able to increase
your team’s performance, improve decision making and build effective workplace relationships. This will help you reduce sources of stress and conflict at work.
What will I cover?
The course will take you through three key areas of EQ – discovering what they are and how to use them effectively in person or working remotely:
• Self-awareness – harness your EQ to improve your personal communications skills and sense of wellbeing
• Social awareness – understand why people tend to behave the way they do and how to get the best from them
• Self-management – decide how to respond before you act – controlling and redirecting undesirable behaviours.
What will I learn?
• Understanding your own emotions, moods and drivers and their effect on others.
• Identify key triggers and how to manage them
• Understand different personality traits and how these affect behaviour
• Building on personality traits to communicate more effectively with everyone around you and reduce potential conflict, whether verbally or via email
• How to relate to and persuade others more easily.
Trainer Profile: Dannie-Lu Carr
Dannie is an experienced training consultant and executive coach with 15+ years of experience. She delivers sessions around Creativity and Innovation, Presentation Skills, Personal Impact, Emotional Intelligence, Negotiation, and Leadership. She set up Flaming Leadership, a global initiative to change the landscape for Women and Girls, in 2020 and is also the founder of Creative Wavelengths™ which came about after her much-acclaimed TEDx Talk on The Inconvenient Truth for Culture in 2015.
Dannie is also a multi-disciplined creative practitioner; she is a published writer, singer/songwriter, voiceover artist, actor and award-winning theatre director. All these skills inform her work with clients and add a depth to her training that is always appreciated by delegates who find the courses she delivers to be practical, motivating and actionable.
For more information or to make a booking please call 0330 0947 344
Registration and Trainers Welcome
Session 1: What is emotional intelligence and how does management of your EQ affect your performance at work?
- Exercise: EQ and You
- Pros and cons of your personal EQ profile – how to avoid ‘overplaying your hand’
- How to stop creating additional stress for yourself
- How to capitalise on your strengths
- Exercise: Actions you can take to make your EQ profile work for you
Session 2: Personal Communication Styles
- Exercise: Why do they do that? Understanding your own style and that of others
- Practical communication techniques to use with each style and ways to write emails and speak up in meetings that remove resistance and allow for greater collaboration
Session 3: Dealing with difficult situations
- The common ‘trip hazards’ and how you can use knowledge of EQ and personal communication styles to create rapid and long-lasting solutions
- Exercise: Applying this in your own workplace – making you more effective over the long term
- Exercise: Action planning – what will take you forward?
Close & Summary
*Programme Subject to change
- Online Fee: £249+VAT