Social media has revolutionised how individuals consume information and interact with organisations such as councils, education bodies and many other public service providers.
Digital marketing and communications channels are ever-evolving with new features and functionality added constantly. Understanding these rapid changes and how to use different social media platforms as part of your marketing and communications can be challenging. At the same time, customer and service user expectations are growing, with 64% of Twitter customers expecting a response within 1 hour (Hubspot, 2019).
How can professionals publish effective digital content while trying to engage across multiple channels? How can small teams prioritise channels to serve online communities faster, maintaining relevancy and helping build reputation?
Join this professional development training course to discover how to be more effective in day to day social media activity to help achieve marketing and communication goals, and support the objectives of your wider organisation.
- Identify the most effective social media channels for your organisation
- Follow best practice for account and channel management
- Develop a content plan for day to day and campaign activity
- Understand the impact of video content marketing
- Understand social media algorithms and how to increase engagement
- Develop a social media action plan for future activity
TRAINER: Alistair Beech
Alistair is the Senior Social Media Coordinator at The University of Manchester, where he oversees the strategic direction of corporate channels and leads a hub of social media professionals across campus.
He is an experienced digital marketing and communications specialist with over ten years’ experience in public and private sector roles, including agency and in-house. Alistair has spent the last five years working in Higher Education and is a regular conference presenter and trainer. CIM-certified, he is a member of the Hootsuite Higher Education Customer Advisory Board.
For more information or to make a booking please call 0330 0947 344 or book online
- Quick exercise to find out more about attendees
Social Media and the Public Sector
- Why social media is so important for the public sector
- The current state of social media in the UK public sector today
- Organisations leading the way and what we can learn from them
Identifying and Overcoming Internal Barriers to Development
- Reviewing the success of Facebook and Twitter for communication strategies
- Overview of some non-traditional channels, covering Instagram, LinkedIn and WhatsApp
- How to research and identify which channels are right for your organisation and sector and how to create a strong business case for using new channels
- Case studies on UK public sector organisations using these platforms well
- Tips and guidance on how to effectively test additional platforms without wasting time
Workshop: Developing a Social Media Channel Working Grid
- Attendees will work in groups to identify key social media goals and objectives for channels within their organisations.
Managing/Setting up Accounts and Best Practice
- Useful tips for setting up and managing social media accounts
- How to set-up and manage multiple users/feeds on social media (e.g. Facebook Business Manager for multiple users/feeds)
- Reviewing your organisation’s social media ecosystem – multiple accounts or one unifying voice?
- Effectively utilising social media management platforms – an overview of tools such as Hootsuite,and Sprout Social
Creating Content and Managing Campaigns
- Why everyone should spend more time planning content!
- The 8 step process for effective social media campaign planning
- Connecting with the right audience – targeting campaigns successfully through paid social media
- Examples of best practice in paid social
Workshop: Developing a Social Media Content Calendar
Audience Engagement and Outreach
- Understanding social media algorithms
- Measures to boost engagement within target audiences on your social media accounts
- Reviewing your engagement stats and strengthening future campaigns
Introduction to Video and Why this is Critical to Your Social Media Marketing
- Overview of why video is so important to social media and marketing content
- Case studies of organisations using video effectively
Workshop: Developing a Social Media Action Plan to Take Back to Your Organisation
Trainer’s Summary and Close
*Programme subject to change
- Public Sector Rate: £495.00+VAT
- Private Sector Rate: £595.00+VAT
- Voluntary Sector Rate: £445.00+VAT