This Win More Funding Bids training will give you practical support that will help you to improve your success rate when writing grant applications. It will give you the knowledge you need to write grant applications and proposals with more confidence.
Whether you are a seasoned grant application bid writer or are new to the process, we can show you how to streamline this extremely challenging and time-consuming activity. You will gain a good understanding of the overall process, how grant applications are scored, and how to manage and write your content well, to get maximum scores. The overall aim is to win grant applications, bringing new funding into your organisation in an efficient and effective way.
This course will walk you through all the stages of the grant fund writing process so that you understand how to write good funding applications, how to get the best scores and best practice in the industry. Funding applications are usually subject to time, budget, and quality constraints, and you will learn what these are and how to work around them.
This training is interactive and uses case studies, discussions, exercises and break out rooms to help you practice new skills and polish existing ones. Your trainer will also have time to answer your specific questions.
Aims and Objectives
- Discover how to find grant opportunities.
- Understand the process and how to decide whether to go ahead and invest your time in an opportunity.
- Learn how evaluators score grant submissions.
- Understand funding application best practice and save time preparing your content meeting tight deadlines.
- Investigate common errors, why applications are rejected and tips for raising your success rate.
- Engage and obtain relevant meaningful content from Subject Matter Experts
- Learn how to create a robust budget.
- Learn how to embed best practice within your organisation to contribute to long-term success.
Trainer Profile: Alison Reeves
Alison has been writing bids for over 25 years and has a background in training, technical writing, marketing and copywriting. Her clients span several business sectors including IT, Commercial Cleaning, Security, Manufacturing, NHS and Social Care and are made up of a variety of clients including large multi-nationals, SMEs, family businesses and Charities. She also helps clients win funding and grant applications.
Alison has long been passionate about supporting organisations to write their own bids and has run 100s of training courses over the last 15 years. She also helps her clients to build effective bid libraries and content.
Welcome and Overview
Part 1. What is the Grant Application Process?
- What rules and regulations govern grants?
- Overview of the process.
- Where to look to find grant opportunities
- How to select the best grant applications for your organisation.
- Understanding funders needs and how they score your bid.
- Exercise – Bid/No Bid process. How to win more by finding prime opportunities
- How to get your organisation application ready.
- Exercise – How to analyse the key eligibility requirements.
Part 2. Writing persuasive content
- The biggest mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Exercise – Engage your reader from the first line by planning answers/content and writing powerful headlines.
- Re-structuring application responses for clarity and power.
- Exercise – How to improve an application response.
- Funding writing tips and tricks.
- What does a robust budget look like?
Part 3. Bid application management planning
- Best practice and project management tools for funding applications.
- How to manage tasks against time and budget restraints.
- Getting your subject matter experts onboard and productive.
- Exercise – Sharing bid management best practice.
Part 4. Making it work for you and your organisation
- Building a long-term approach to bidding.
- Using feedback to drive continual improvement.
- A format for case studies – the ultimate evidence.
- What is capture planning and using it to prepare for upcoming opportunities.
- How to get the best from your wider team
Questions and Answers
Trainers Summary and Close
- Public Sector Rate: £495.00+VAT
- Private Sector Rate: £595.00+VAT
- Voluntary Sector Rate: £445.00+VAT