While the number of female leaders in public sector organisations has been steadily growing over the past decade, there remain many barriers to development and women are still under-represented in leadership roles.
This practical course is designed to hone your leadership style and build confidence in your communications and negotiating skills. You will learn how you can build a support network through sponsors and mentors to tackle exclusionary cultures within your organisation and build your pathway to a senior role.
Aims and Objectives:
- Recognise the value proposition of women in leadership
- Develop your leadership style to be authentic and inclusive
- Learn to generate buy-in and negotiate persuasively
- Build confident communications skills and overcome imposter syndrome
- Understand how to develop networks and support through sponsors
Sue is a writer, trainer and leadership coach, specialising in leadership presence and personal impact. Her 30-year career in education has taken her all over the world. After eight years working in South-East Asia and Central America, Sue returned to the UK in 2010. Her focus for the last 12 years has been helping emerging female leaders to position themselves for seniority. Her work addresses five key areas: building a professional identity; emotional self-management; powerful communication; building and maintaining a high profile and creating impact.
She’s the author of two books, a professional speaker and has designed and delivered award winning programmes for organisations. Sue has worked across a wide variety of business sectors, both in the UK and overseas. Her clients have included the BBC, Tower Hamlet Homes, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, the NHS and various charities and universities.
Welcome & Overview
Women in Leadership
- The value proposition of expanding women leadership
- Barriers to development for women leadership
- Gender stereotypes
Finding Your Voice as a Leader
- Leadership styles
- Inclusive leadership
- Building credibility
Confidence and Communication
- Dealing with Imposter syndrome
- Confident communications toolkit
- Speaking up and being heard
- Persuasive language
Pathways to a senior role
- How, Why and When to ask
- Finding Allies
- Dealing with exclusionary cultures
- Building collective action
- Generating senior leadership buy-in
Trainers Summary and Close
*Programme subject to change
- Who Should Attend
Who Should Attend?
Delegates looking to hone their leadership style, build confidence in their communications skills, learn how you can build support networks and their pathway to a senior role.
*This Training Course is open to Public, Private and Third Sectors
For more information or to make a booking please call 0330 0947 344
- Public Sector Rate: £495.00+VAT
- Private Sector Rate: £595.00+VAT
- Voluntary Sector Rate: £445.00+VAT