While the number of female leaders in public sector organisations has been steadily growing over the past decade, there remain many barriers to development and women are still under-represented in leadership roles.
This practical course is designed to hone your leadership style and build confidence in your communications and negotiating skills. You will learn how you can build a support network through sponsors and mentors to tackle exclusionary cultures within your organisation and build your pathway to a senior role.
Aims and Objectives:
- Recognise the value proposition of women in leadership
- Develop your leadership style to be authentic and inclusive
- Learn to generate buy-in and negotiate persuasively
- Build confident communications skills and overcome imposter syndrome
- Understand how to develop networks and support through sponsors
Sue is an award-winning human capital innovation consultant, master facilitator and high-performance executive coach. She has over 25 years’ experience in the field of human behaviour, personal effectiveness and change management. She works internationally across a range of sectors for some of the world’s leading multinational corporations.
Welcome & Overview
Women in Leadership
- The value proposition of expanding women leadership
- Barriers to development for women leadership
- Gender stereotypes
Finding Your Voice as a Leader
- Leadership styles
- Inclusive leadership
- Building credibility
Confidence and Communication
- Dealing with Imposter syndrome
- Confident communications toolkit
- Speaking up and being heard
- Persuasive language
Pathways to a senior role
- How, Why and When to ask
- Finding Allies
- Dealing with exclusionary cultures
- Building collective action
- Generating senior leadership buy-in
Trainers Summary and Close
*Programme subject to change
- Who Should Attend
Who Should Attend?
Delegates looking to hone their leadership style, build confidence in their communications skills, learn how you can build support networks and their pathway to a senior role.
*This Training Course is open to Public, Private and Third Sectors
For more information or to make a booking please call 0330 0947 344
- Public Sector Rate: £495.00+VAT
- Private Sector Rate: £595.00+VAT
- Voluntary Sector Rate: £445.00+VAT