Thank you for attending The Health and Nutrition in Schools Conference 2023!
We hope you found the day informative and interesting. Please bookmark or otherwise save this page so that you are able to return.
To build on this event and provide you with more case studies, articles and videos, we invite you to register for GE Insights, Government Events’ online learning resource. You can use this to stay up to date on key trends and challenges in education and local government all year round.
You can download the speaker presentations below.
- Ruth Galpine, Associate Director, Food for Life, Soil Association Charity
- Elaine Hindal, Chief Executive, British Nutrition Foundation
- Cllr Jasmine Ali, Deputy Council Leader and Cabinet Member for Children, Young People & Schools and Gillian Boundy, Policy Officer, School Food, Public Health, Children’s & Adults’ Services, Southwark Council
- Kate Smith, Head of Healthy Lives, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Dr Martha Ford-Adams, Consultant Paediatrician and Lead for Paediatric Diabetes and Weight Management, King’s College Hospital
- Jon White, PE Teacher and Sport Premium & Inclusion Specialist, Clare Mount Specialist Sports College
- Jade Hunter, Deputy Headteacher, West Earlham Infant & Nursery School
The recordings from this conference can be accessed using the links below:
- The British Nutrition Foundation
To access the resources mentioned in Elaine’s presentation
We have also recently launched a Teaching Primary Food & Nutrition programme, a Continuing Professional Development programme for primary teachers or teaching assistants.