At Government Events, we recognise the growing impact events have on the environment and our responsibility to limit not only our own emissions but to work closely with our venues and suppliers to manage the overall environmental impact of all our events.
With this in mind, Government Events is working towards:
- Investing in new technology with the aim of reducing our carbon footprint
- Recycle plastics, paper, cardboard, print cartridges, light bulbs, obsolete furniture and IT equipment
- Identifying the significant environmental impacts of our conferences and wherever possible, recycled or reusing e.g. signage, displays and badges
- Working in an environmentally friendly manner and ensuring environmental responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood at all levels within our organisation, and wherever possible for our clients, offering training where needed
- Ensuring environmental credentials are considered in our sourcing requirements, and working with suppliers who operate their own environmentally policy
- Complying with relevant legislation, regulation and other guidelines relating to significant environmental impacts
- Striving for continual improvement in our environmental impact and performance.