While the number of female leaders in public sector organisations has been steadily growing over the past decade, there remain many barriers to development and women are still under-represented in leadership roles.
This practical course is designed to hone your leadership style and build confidence in your communications and negotiating skills. You will learn how you can build a support network through sponsors and mentors to tackle exclusionary cultures within your organisation and build your pathway to a senior role.
Aims and Objectives:
- Recognise the value proposition of women in leadership
- Develop your leadership style to be authentic and inclusive
- Learn to generate buy-in and negotiate persuasively
- Build confident communications skills and overcome imposter syndrome
- Understand how to develop networks and support through sponsors
Trainer Profile: Rachel Holloway
Rachel is an executive coach and educator specialising in management and leadership. She is skilled at inspiring enthusiasm for learning and development and passionate about helping emerging female leaders position themselves for seniority. Rachel has over 20 years of experience serving governments and international organisations worldwide, including the United Nations, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and the Governments of Vietnam, Morocco, Montenegro, and Peru. She brings her understanding of multicultural and functional teams and an acute understanding of the power our individual contributions bring.
Rachel has developed people and teams in the academic, not-for-profit, and business sectors. She brings her experience managing complexity as a Board and Senior Management Team member. Rachel is currently the Managing Director of Partners for Reform.
Rachel is a highly qualified trainer and holds The Association for Coaching and The Institute of Leadership and Management membership. She holds a Master’s in Strategic Studies, and as she is committed to continuous improvement, she is completing a Master’s in Coaching and Mentoring.
Welcome & Overview
Women in Leadership
- The value proposition of expanding women leadership
- Barriers to development for women leadership
- Gender stereotypes
Finding Your Voice as a Leader
- Leadership styles
- Inclusive leadership
- Building credibility
Confidence and Communication
- Dealing with Imposter syndrome
- Confident communications toolkit
- Speaking up and being heard
- Persuasive language
Pathways to a senior role
- How, Why and When to ask
- Finding Allies
- Dealing with exclusionary cultures
- Building collective action
- Generating senior leadership buy-in
Trainers Summary and Close
*Programme subject to change
- Who Should Attend
Who Should Attend?
Delegates looking to hone their leadership style, build confidence in their communications skills, learn how you can build support networks and their pathway to a senior role.
*This Training Course is open to Public, Private and Third Sectors
For more information or to make a booking please call 0330 0947 344
- Public Sector Rate: £495.00+VAT
- Private Sector Rate: £595.00+VAT
- Voluntary Sector Rate: £445.00+VAT